Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm so Famous...




I'm so famous...
I made you drop it out on the one
I'm so famous...
everybody needs a little light under the sun
And I'm so famous...
15 minutes will never hold me in
And I'm so famous...
I'll never die I'll just be born again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

I'm so famous...
Way bigger than sex, or drugs, or rock and roll
I'm so famous...
I took any half you had and made it whole
I'm so famous...
I can make a deaf man hear a symphony in his head
I'm so famous...
Put the motion in your ocean when you're sailing in your bed
I...

Even if you didn't know my name
Like sugar on a candy cane
It's a memory you can't forget
The very first time you met me...

I'm so famous...
I made you drop it out on the one
I'm so famous...
everybody needs a little light under the sun
And I'm so famous...
15 minutes will never hold me in
And I'm so famous...
I'll never die I'll just be born again and again and again and again and again and again and again...


I'm so famous...
Took the place of your daddy when he left you and your mama alone
I'm so famous...
Made the sound of the scratch on your record player feel like home
I'm so famous...
Put the rhythm and the shakin' in your old ass washing machine
I'm so famous...
Put the pencil to the paper of a microphone fiend
I...

Even if you didn't know my name
Like sugar on a candy cane
It's a memory you can't forget
The very first time you met me...

I'm so famous...
I made you drop it out on the one
I'm so famous...
everybody needs a little light under the sun
And I'm so famous...
15 minutes will never hold me in
And I'm so famous...
I'll never die I'll just be born again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

Thank you Joi

Words...they rarely fail me...
This song has become somewhat of a theme song for me whenever I think of the magnificence that is Queendom...All my thoughts about my sisterfriends, the baby girls in my life, my mama, my grandmama, myself...just all of the strong, beautiful, powerful, vulnerable, inspiring, amazing, delicate, sensual, intelligent, creative, determined, warrior Afrikan women in my life...my thoughts of them make this song dance in my head...Wearing these many, many, many hats by themselves...and wearing them well...fierce...
I wonder...are there any Kings/Queens out there that can hang? I mean, can we be all of this and then some and still have balance? A counterpart that truly believes that our Queendom isn't a threat, but an asset? Another half to form a powerful Afrikan union? I believe our community needs that...What happened to Our strong Afrikan families (in general of course)? I want to create one and again I wonder...are there any Kings/Queens out there that can hang? I'm sending support, energy, light, and love to all the Queens in my life (past and present)...I aspire to re-create love in your name and the name of the Creator...You have my word...

You move me...

Love always,

The Dancing Love Angel aka The Magic Love Goddess

3 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger Phoenix had said was, uh...

you move me...mmm...yes. i am smiling to you. thanks for such luscious, lovely inspriation and words.

love!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Phoenix had said was, uh...

you move me...mmm...yes. i am smiling to you. thanks for such luscious, lovely inspriation and words.

love!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger fierce1 had said was, uh...

You are one of those fabulous people in my life that remind me to be thankful. So thank you.

"I aspire to re-create love in your name and the name of the Creator...YOu have my word..."

So honest so sincere so beautifully vibrant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<

MyMusicCode.com